Video "Why Rotary"
Video "Dentro il Rotary"
Purpose of Rotary is to encourage and develop the ‘service’ behavior, as driving attitude for every activity.
In detail Rotary intends to:
- promote and develop friendly relationships among its members to facilitate the ‘service’ attitude
- propose a model for the highest business rectitude, considering all professional activities with dignity and as an excellent opportunity to ‘serve’
- address the personal, professional and public life of each member towards the ‘service’ concept
- spread among all the Nations understanding, goodwill and peace thru friendly relationships and common ‘service’ goals
Five Avenues of Service
The Five Avenues of Service represent the life foundation of this Club.
- Club Service involves action a member should take within this club to help it function successfully.
- Vocational Service has the purpose of promoting high ethical standards in business and professions, recognizing the worthiness of all dignified occupations and fostering the ideal of service in the pursuit of all vocations. The role of members includes conducting themselves and their businesses in accordance with Rotary’s principles and lending their vocational skills to club-developed projects in order to address the issues and needs of society.
- Community Service comprises varied efforts that members make, sometimes in conjunction with others, to improve the quality of life of those who live within this club’s locality or municipality.
- International Service comprises those activities that members do to advance international understanding, goodwill and peace by fostering acquaintance with people of other countries, their cultures, customs, accomplishments, aspirations and problems through reading and correspondence and through cooperation in all club activities and projects designed to help people in other lands.
- Youth Service recognizes the positive change implemented by youth and young adults through leadership development activities, involvement in community and international service projects and exchange programs that enrich and foster world peace and cultural understanding. (SRCC 6)